Node-RED® is a programming tool for wiring together hardware devices, APIs and online services in new and interesting ways.
Node-RED® provides a browser-based editor that makes it easy to wire together flows using the wide range of nodes in the palette that can be deployed to its runtime in a single-click.
Download Node-RED®from the official website.
The following steps describe how to import the flows used in the Use Case section in your Node-RED® client.
Preliminary actions: download & install Node-RED® Client
- Read how to install Node-RED® from here
- Launch Node-RED®.
Preliminary actions: import Flows
- Download the JSON configuration files from Code Sample Page and extract it to a folder on your desktop.
- In Node-RED®, click on the “Menu” icon in the Top-Right Corner then select “Import”.
In the popup window, click on “Import > Clipboard” and paste the content of the file you have previously downloaded, containing the flows you want to use.
- After importing the file, the APIs Flows will be available in the Navigation Panel on top of the application. Click on “Deploy” in the right upper corner of the screen to save and deploy the newly imported flows to your instance.
Preliminary actions: setting up the environment
- Click on “Global Variable” tab
- Click on “Set Variables” element and enter the information on your DCP account in the right panel opened.
The following attributes are used within the configuration:
url = URL of DCP Test Environment
Username & Password & customerNo = provided by DCP for your account
filterKey = imsi/msisdn/imei/icc
filterValue = (value of filterKey element)
subscriptionStatus = Pause/Active
- Save settings by clicking on red “Done” button.
Now you will be able to make your first API call.
Check out the use cases that make use of Node-RED® to retrieve information from IoT Accelerator.