Postman® is currently one of the most popular tools used in API testing. It simplifies API workflow in testing and development.
Postman® is a software development tool. It enables people to test calls to APIs. Postman® users enter data (request). The data is sent to a specific web server address, that returns information (response), and that is presented to the user.
Download the Postman® API Client from the Postman® website
The software is available for Windows, MacOS and 64-bit Linux distributions.
Preliminary actions: download & install Postman® Client
- Download Postman® Client from here and install it.
- Launch Postman®.
Preliminary actions: import API & settings
- Download the JSON configuration files from here and extract it to a folder on your desktop.
- In Postman®, click on the “Import” button in the Top-Left Corner.
- In the popup window, drag and drop the file “XXX” or click the button “Choose Files” and import the same file.
- After importing the file, the APIs will be available in the Navigation Panel on the left
Preliminary actions: importing the environment
- Now it’s time to setup the DCP Environment in Postman®. To do this, click on the “Tool Icon” in the top right corner of the tool.
- In the new window click on “Choose files” button and select the “XXX” file of the environment
- Click on “Import”.
Now your environment is ready to be used.
Preliminary actions: setting up the environment
- If not already selected, select “DCP” in the top right corner box. Then click on the “view (eye) icon” on the right to make the settings active.
- A new window will appear: click “Edit” in the top right corner.
- Enter the information on your DCP account replacing the <INSERT-HERE> strings as show in the image below
The following attributes are used within the configuration:
MSISDN = SIM Phone number starting with Mobile Country Code
IMSI = International Mobile Subscriber Identity (unique number per SIM)
Username & Password = provided by DCP for your account
CustomerId = provided by DCP for your account
4) Save settings by clicking on “Update Button”. Now you will be able to make your first API call.